GOLD PLATING SERVICES
ProPlate’s dedicated new product development team supports new projects from concept through commericialization through our proven process roadmap, further expanding our Gold Plating Services.
ProPlate® regularly gold plates components for the medical & dental industries, energy & technology, telecommunications, semiconductors & electronics, and oil & gas industries.
…is a chemical element with a bright, slightly reddish yellow color in its purest form. As a precious metal and one of the least reactive chemical elements, it does not oxidize in air, remaining sable under standard conditions, and its electrical conductivity is constant over long periods.
Gold plating can enable metal pieces to be soldered together in situations where this would not have been previously possible and increase wear resistance when mixed with cobalt. Its corrosion resistance makes gold electroplating suitable for connector pins, electrical switch contacts, and other applications where electrical contacts occur intermittently.
ProPlate® partners with industry-leading technology companies who share our core values worldwide; Innovative, Collaborative, Critical Thinking, Driven, Quality Minded, and Reputable.
MIL-G-45204, MIL-DTL-45204, ASTM B488, Gold Plating, AMS 2422, AMS 2425
- Type I requires a minimum of 99.7% gold with a hardness grade of A, B, or C. This gold plating service can be used for improving solderability, electrical contacts that require a high reliability, as well as many other general purpose applications.
- Type II requires a minimum of 99.0% gold with a hardness grade of B, C or D. It tends to be used for more general purpose applications as the hardening agents in the gold plating will oxidize under conditions of high temperature.
- Type III requires a minimum of 99.9 % with hardness grade of A only. This gold plating service is used for thermocompression bonding, nuclear engineering, high temperature applications and semi-conductor components.
Metal ions from base metals such as brass, bronze, or beryllium copper, can disseminate into a gold layer applied on top and degrade the non-oxidizing and hardness properties of the gold. An anti-diffusion underplate such as electro-less or sulfamate nickel applied to the surface of the metal can prevent such occurrences and create a bright finish.
Purity and Coating Thickness
Gold of the highest purity is preferred for selective gold plating as impurities in the deposit can make soldering more difficult. Gold electroplating coatings should range between 50 and 100 micro inches for the most robust soldering.
- A: 90 knoop, maximum
- B: 91-129 knoop, inclusive
- C: 130-200 knoop, inclusive
Our robust metallizing processes are thoroughly designed and maintained to ensure the highest quality standards. Medical Device Quality System: ISO 13485:2016 Certified
Learn More About ProPlate's Gold Plating Capabilities
ProPlate® collaborates with value driven companies around the world to provide innovative engineered metallization solutions and to improve people’s lives.
Contact us to request information about our electroplating services
We Are Dedicated to Partnering With Our Customers
Professional Plating, Inc. is dedicated to solving our customers’ toughest plating-related challenges by working with them on the front end of the design and engineering process. We engineer custom solutions designed specifically for your unique requirements. ProPlate® has pioneered selective precious metal plating innovations and continuously strives to improve your part’s application and performance while driving down costs.